Aw, shucks! Thanks to the lovely Katey at kateywrites for nominating me for the Liebster Award. I have no clue what this means, so let’s discover together!
Turns out, the Liebster Awards are intended to get us bloggers talking to each other, and the task is to nominate 10 or more blogs with under 300 followers and set them ten questions to answer. If they accept the award, they do the same. On the way, you check out a lot of amazing blogs, make some new friends, and do what social media does best – connect!
Here are your 10 questions, bloggers:
- What one thing do you wish you had never written?
- What did you not write, but now wish you had?
- What are your favorite pajamas like?
- Is there a word you hate to use in conversation?
- Did you have an imaginary friend? Describe, please.
- Fame or fortune?
- Peanut butter or jelly?
- Whose praise means the most to you?
- Whose means the least?
- What’s the nicest thing you ever did?
Okay, not too bad.
- I once wrote a story about elephant feces and a politician who fell in it. Fecal imagery…not my favorite anymore.
- I wish I would have written that fantasy novel I had going for NaNoWriMo two NaNoWriMo’s ago. It was pretty spectacular in scope…just didn’t follow through. Shame.
- I’m wearing my favorite pajamas. Plaid Ralph Lauren Polo flannel jammies. And my fiance’s WUNC NPR tee. And thick tube socks.
- Come to think of it, I never recall having one. I imagine I had a very active imagination, but recurring themes were difficult for me as a child. Kanye shrug.
- Famously fortunate. Next question.
- Both. Come on. Or just peanut butter. With a tall, cold glass of milk.
- No order: fiance, parents, Nana, co-workers, classmates, professors, patients.
- Eh. Critters who fail to tell me what I wrote WRONG when I ask for such advice.
- Well, I feel like this question could be taken in different ways. Probably the nicest thing I did for myself was decide to give a grown-up relationship a shot with my fiance. The nicest thing I’ve ever done for somebody else? I’m gonna be honest: I really can’t think of anything particularly nice outside of my job. I have delivered prescriptions several times on weekends.
So, here are my nominees:
- kateywrites – the kind lass who nominated me. She writes wonderfully, and is very involved in the community.
- Wombat’s Photography – my fellow Anthology Club contributor/editor with an excellent eye for photography.
- Reavski the Reav – a very active commenter of my works, and a great writer of opinion and fiction.
- The Paris Review Blog – Commentary and written word influenced by The Paris Review — reactionary literature the way it should be done. I wish I’d had thought of this.
- City-State Writings – This duo writes apocalyptic short fiction — high quality, high quantity.
- Artsy Wanderer – Ms. Karyl is a writer who is contributing to one of my anthologies, and she is always worth a click (or two) and subsequent read.
- AnElephantCant – Talent and humor. Please: click, read, and follow.
- Rochelle Wisoff-Fields – The talented realistic flash fictioneer who birthed the wonderful Friday Fictioneers.
- 300 stories – Dieter set out to write 300 stories with 300 words or less per story. He’s done awesome, and is working on #176 at the moment.
- A Little Bird Tweets – Great fiction. My newest find.
Yes, I broke the rules and put some people with more than 300 followers on here. Whatever.
Check them all out, and, if you’ve been nominated, please answer the following questions:
- Were I to send you back to yourself at sixteen, would your younger self believe the stories you have to tell?
- The moment is here: your last work. What is it, and what is it called?
- Write a three sentence story.
- Think of a name, write it down, and describe the person whose name it is. Don’t think, just do.
- Recommend your readers an album you’re fond of.
- What is one blog post you’ve always wanted to write, but haven’t gotten around to it?
- What’s your schedule looking like for the next two weeks?
- Are you participating in any contests at the moment?
- Garlic: yes or no?
- Favorite games of any medium, and why?
- We’ve been nominated for a Liebster Award. (fromaconfinedspace.com)
- The Liebster Award (delightfullypeculiar.wordpress.com)
- Liebster Award – My Darling Liebster Lova (reinventionofmama.com)
- Liebster Award (jennieabat.com)
- Liebster Award: Part One (alienorajt.wordpress.com)
- Liebster Award (triolachelsea.wordpress.com)
- Liebster Award – Nominations (fictionalcreation.wordpress.com)
- A Well Read Woman Blog has been nominated for The Liebster Award! (aprillwood.wordpress.com)